Jamestown Fitness Center
In Jamestown, Rhode Island
Let us help you achieve your fitness goals and make your health a priority.
Dear JFC Community,
We have good news. The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) has given us permission to extend our operating hours and to return to the card entry system we were using before the outbreak of Covid-19. We are being allowed this on the conditions that we continue to remotely monitor and record gym use by security camera and make recordings available to RIDOH for review should they so request.
So, beginning this weekend, we will transition to allowing unsupervised use and extended opening hours, but in order to do so we will need everyone’s complete cooperation in complying with stricter rules than ever before. Please take careful note of the following:
1. The gym will be open from 5am to 8pm Mondays to Friday and from 5am to 6pm on weekends.
2. 11am to 1pm shall be reserved for seniors (65+) only, both on weekdays and weekends.
3. Staff will be present during regular hours (6am to 6pm on weekdays and 7am to 3pm on weekends) through August 9th and starting August 10th from 8am to 10am every day. At all other times access shall be only possible through the use of door cards.
4. As of August 1st, already issued door cards will be reactivated. Please check with the front desk to make sure your card will work.
5. For those who do not have them, door cards (which require a $20 deposit) may be obtained from staff during regular office hours each day or through appointment, made in advance with general manager Sam Pease, at 401-243-7894.
The strict conditions for gym use are as follows:
1. All users must wear masks covering both mouth and nose at all times if any other users are in the gym.
2. Upon entry into the gym, members MUST scan their membership cards (using door cards alone is not sufficient) for potential contact tracing by RIDOH.
3. All members should abide strictly by the posted conditions of entry, which will remind users that should they be feeling unwell in any way, have a temperature or headache or any other sign of flu or illness, they should not enter the gym.
4. All equipment used must be thoroughly wiped down after use, every time.
5. Six-foot distancing should be maintained at all times.
6. Opening and closing instructions, posted in the gym, must be followed.
7. Any rule-breaking seen either in person or on camera/video will result in the revocation of card-entry privileges.
8. As always, DO NOT grant access to anyone who does not have a door entry card.
Please come in and make use of your gym, but please respect each other and the necessary disciplines during these trying pandemic times.
JFC Management and Board